*This post contains affiliate links from Amazon
Everyone is probably tired of leftover turkey from those wonderful Thanksgiving feasts. I am of the belief of “waste not want not”. We will eat leftovers for days and trying to find new ways to serve leftover turkey is hard. I wanted to make something different for my family last night with the little bit of turkey we had left. I went to the store and got all the ingredients to make Turkey Pot Pie. Only problem was, the store was SOLD OUT of pie shells!! Seriously!! No pie shells and they weren’t expecting any until mid week. Well, that killed that dinner idea because it was late and I really did not want to make pie crust from scratch.
After wondering around the store trying to decide what I was going to make my hungry crew I decided why not just make Turkey soup! I would still use all the ingredients for the pot pie only I would just make it a soup. It was a rather chilly night here so soup was perfect!
These are the ingredients I used –
4 Celery stalks
1/2 bag small baby carrots
1/2 white onion
2 cups of frozen potatoes
1-1/2 cup of frozen peas
3 tbsp. of Olive oil
4 Cans of Cream of Chicken soup
4 cups of Chicken Broth
Leftover Turkey (or chicken)
Puff Pastry Sheet
Cooking Instructions –
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, onions, celery and carrots. Sautee for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the (4) cans of cream of chicken soup and the (4) cups of chicken broth. Stir well until it all combines.
- Add in the turkey (or chicken) and the frozen potatoes. Simmer on medium low heat for 30 minutes. Long enough for the frozen potatoes to cook. Add the frozen peas 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut one sheet of puff pastry into squares and cook for 15 minutes. When done baste with melted butter. I used my baking sheet and baking mat that I purchased from Amazon. I love them and the pastry cooks evenly.
- I didn’t add any salt or pepper because the canned soup had enough but you are welcome to add to your liking.
Total prep & cook time is 1 hour.
This is a quick and easy dinner for your family and you can get your kids to eat veggies at the same time! That’s always a win! My daughter had two bowls so It must be good.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did. Happy eating y’all!!